IE Warning

This website uses the latest web technologies so it requires an up-to-date, fast browser!
Please try Firefox or Chrome!
Back to top

Granite worksurface care & maintenance guide

blog info BY   blog info 0 COMMENT   blog info About, No thumb

Granite worksurface care & maintenance guide

  • For a long lasting finish granite should be treated at regular intervals.Granite is not difficult to clean – mild soap and water is all that is generally required. Work surfaces should be cleaned using a neutral detergent, rinsed with clean water and buffed dry using a soft clean cloth.
  • Please be aware that any acidic products i.e. citrus liquids, fizzy drinks, wine, vinegars etc will leave marks on the surfaces so must be wiped immediately. Strongly coloured foods, i.e. saffron, beetroot, red wine, curry,blackcurrant etc can cause staining so should be cleaned up immediately.
  • Do not expose granite to excessive heat, it is best to have a trivet or similar to place your pans on when taken directly from the hob.
  • Never use abrasive cleaning products such as metal pads and scouring detergents on granite as these can affect the finish over time.
  • Also avoid alkaline and chlorine based cleaners and do not use bleach. Granite is easily maintained without the need for such abrasive cleaners.
  • Quartz and granite is also scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Therefore, when using a knife a chopping board is always recommended.
  • Avoid exposing any quartz or granite surface to chemicals and solvents, especially paint removers or furniture strippers containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride. Keep nail polish remover, bleach or cleansers that contain bleach, Cillit Bang, bluing, permanent markers or inks, and oil soaps away from your quartz or granite surfaces.. While casual exposure to alkaline materials will not damage the surface, highly alkaline (high- pH) cleansers are not recommended when cleaning.
  • If any of the substances listed above come into contact with your quartz or granite surfaces, rinse the exposed surface immediately and thoroughly with water.



There aren't any comments yet.